Acne is a common skin condition that can cause a lot of frustration. According to what we have observed among most patients who visit us at Ozhean Zoey Korean Aesthetic Clinic in Singapore for acne treatment, one of the most frustrating aspects of acne is that it can be very difficult to get rid of.
Many people try all sorts of creams and treatments but find that nothing seems to work. Acne can also be very painful and uncomfortable, making it hard to concentrate on anything else.
And, if acne is not treated properly, it can lead to permanent scarring. For all these reasons, acne can be a very frustrating condition to deal with. The good news, though, is that there are a number of different acne treatments available.
What are the Best Acne Treatments to Get Clear Skin Fast?
First things first, there isn’t one specific treatment that works for all cases of acne. The best way to find the right acne treatment in Singapore for you is to consult a dermatologist.
Dermatologists are experts in skincare and will be able to recommend the best treatment for your specific type of acne. However, there are a few treatments that are generally recommended for acne. These treatments include:
- Benzoyl Peroxide: Benzoyl Peroxide is a topical acne treatment that works by killing the bacteria that cause acne. It is also super effective when it comes to reducing inflammation and redness. Benzoyl Peroxide is available in a variety of formulations, including gels, creams, and lotions. It is typically used twice a day, although some people may need to use it more frequently. Side effects can include dry skin, redness, and peeling. For most people, these side effects are mild and resolve with continued use. Benzoyl Peroxide is an effective treatment for mild to moderate acne. It is affordable and readily available over the counter.
- Retinoids: These are prescription medications commonly used to treat acne by helping to reduce the production of sebum, an oily substance that can clog pores and lead to breakouts. Retinoids also have exfoliating properties, which help remove dead skin cells and prevent them from building up on the skin’s surface. In addition, retinoids can help to improve the appearance of scars and other markings left behind by acne. While they are most commonly used in topical form, retinoids can also be taken orally. However, retinoids can cause a variety of side effects, including dryness, redness, and peeling of the skin. For this reason, they are typically used in people with severe acne. Retinoids are effective but can be expensive and may not be available in all areas.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are another common treatment for acne. In acne management, antibiotics help by killing the bacteria that responsible for acne. You can get antibiotics in both topical and oral forms. Topical antibiotics are applied directly to the skin, while oral antibiotics are taken orally. Oral antibiotics can cause a variety of side effects, including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. For this reason, they are also typically used in people with severe acne. Topical antibiotics are less likely to cause side effects but may not be as effective as oral antibiotics. Antibiotics are affordable and available over the counter in most areas.
- Isotretinoin: Isotretinoin (better known by its former brand name, Accutane) is a powerful medication used to treat acne. Isotretinoin can be an effective last resort when other treatments fail to clear the skin. The medication works by reducing the amount of oil produced by the sebaceous glands. This decrease in oil production helps to prevent clogged pores and breakouts. In addition, isotretinoin helps to reduce inflammation and can even shrink the size of the sebaceous glands. While isotretinoin is generally very effective, it can have serious side effects and should only be used as a last resort after other treatments have failed. If you are considering isotretinoin, be sure to discuss the risks and benefits with your dermatologist.
- Laser treatment: laser treatment is a newer treatment for acne that uses beams of light to kill the bacteria that cause acne. It is typically used in people who have severe acne that has not responded to other treatments. The laser treatment works by targeting the sebaceous glands, which produce oil. The laser beam is focused on the glands, which destroys them and helps to clear the skin. Laser treatment is expensive and may not be available in all areas.
There are a number of other treatments that can be used to treat acne, including prescription medications, over-the-counter products, and natural remedies. Be sure to discuss the best treatment for you with your dermatologist.
At Kim’s Beauty Clinic, we provide other more specialized treatments which help to lighten acne scars and control oil secretion on the skin surface. These include;
- Superficial Acne Extraction: This treatment works by targeting pus-filled acne. This way, we can control the spread of infection and effectively help you get rid of acne.
- Agnes Treatment (Permanent Removal of Acne): This is a radio-frequency treatment that works by targeting the oil glands at the acne-prone follicles to get rid of acne without causing any damage to the surrounding skin. This RF energy effectively destroys the acne-prone follicles to ensure that acne doesn’t recur in the treated areas.
- LDM: This is a high-frequency ultrasound treatment designed to restore skin health and improve your recovery from laser therapies. It comes with powerful anti-inflammatory effects that do not only help in treating but also control acne, which makes it a perfect complement to Agnes treatment we’ve just discussed above.
- Triamcinolone Injection: This is an anti-inflammation injection designed to help in shrinking acne fast. It is recommended for nodular acne but comes with higher risks of complications. As a result, it is recommended that triamcinolone injection is only done by a qualified skin doctor or plastic surgeon. To learn more about these treatments and whether they can be ideal for you, please check our acne removal services.
How can I Prevent Breakouts from Happening?
If you have had a frustrating experience with your acne treatment in Singapore, you wouldn’t want to get them again. The good news is that there are some things you can do to help prevent them from happening in the first place. One of the most important things you can do is keep your skin clean.
Wash your face twice a day with a mild cleanser, and be sure to moisturize afterward. In addition, try to avoid touching your face throughout the day, as this can transfer bacteria and oils from your hands to your skin.
You should also avoid wearing heavy makeup, as this can clog your pores and lead to breakouts. Instead, opt for lighter coverage options or go makeup-free altogether. Finally, make sure to get plenty of rest and exercise, as both of these help to boost your immune system and keep your skin healthy.
If you have stubborn acne, your best bet for having clear skin fast is to seek professional help. Acne is a complex condition that requires specialized treatment, and over-the-counter products or natural remedies may not be enough.
We offer a variety of specialized acne treatments designed to get rid of acne quickly and effectively. To learn more about the acne treatments we offer, please visit our website or give us a call today. Call: +65 6235 4534.
Ozhean Zoey Medical & Aesthetic clinic
111 Somerset Rd,
#04-10 TripleOne Somerset,
+65 6235 4534