Being obese or overweight is the primary cause of many life-threatening diseases. But the good news is that there is a way to shed that extra pounds by taking L-carnitine. It is a natural and versatile supplement that provides numerous health benefits to your health, metabolism, muscle, and longevity. Do take a look at NMN Supplements UK
What is L-carnitine?
Carnitine is derived from an amino acid that is found in all body cells. It occurs in two forms D and L. In this article, we will focus on L- Carnitine which is present in most foods. It is related to the functioning of the cell, burning the fatty acids by the process called oxidation thereby enabling your body to produce more energy.
Muscle benefits of L-Carnitine
- L-carnitine burns fat just like fuel. It can improve athletic performance.
- It can also lower muscle damage caused by strenuous physical exercise and enables the person to recover quickly.
- It also aids in resisting fatigue. As per one research, people who used L-carnitine supplements were able to resist fatigue in a cycling test for more than 25 percent.
- It can also greatly increase the blood flow supply to the muscles. When there is increased blood flow, more hormones and nutrients are transported to the body parts whenever the need arises.
Metabolism benefits of L- carnitine
The benefits of taking L-carnitine for promoting weight loss and burning fatty acids have been identified by much research. Many studies have shown that people who consumed L-carnitine supplements lost more than 1.3 kg in comparison with people who did not use them.
It can also alter muscle fuel metabolism and works wonders in fat oxidation, thereby balancing the glycogen level by enhancing the insulin response and lowering the use of carbohydrates. It is a good supplement for people who are obese or overweight as it aids in reducing the body mass index (BMI).
But the results can differ from person to person. As per one research conducted, L- carnitine might not work for a few people. Despite such contradictions, the conclusion is that L-carnitine is not to be considered a quick solution for weight loss. With a proper nutritious diet, healthy habits, and regular exercise, L-carnitine supplements can support you with your weight loss journey.
Health benefits of L-carnitine
The benefits of using L- carnitine supplements are beyond improving your athletic performance and weight loss. It also aids in the following:
- Improving heart health by boosting blood circulation shortly after a heart attack, helps in fighting the symptoms of chest pain, arrhythmia, and heart failure.
- Reducing the side effects of cancer treatment like fatigue and weakness especially when the patient shows a deficiency in L- carnitine with chemotherapy treatment.
- Help in managing the symptoms of diabetes like nerve pain and weakness resulting from type 2 diabetes. Studies have also shown that it can reduce blood sugar levels in the body.
- Improves male infertility and sexual function as research has shown the L- carnitine can increase sperm count and motility in men.
- Help with liver or kidney disease as these organs produce L-carnitine in the body. If you are diagnosed with a liver or kidney problem, your doctor might recommend you take an L-carnitine supplement to support the functioning of these organs.
- Reduce symptoms of hypothyroidism as certain studies have shown that L-carnitine helps in lowering symptoms associated with overactive thyroid like nervousness, insomnia, tremors, or heart palpitations.
Your body produces L-carnitine, but as you age your body’s ability to naturally produce it may diminish. This is when the L-carnitine supplement becomes helpful.