Hair loss early pregnancy: An Experience At Pregnancy

Hair Loss Early Pregnancy: An Experience At Pregnancy

Hair loss early pregnancy signs are very common in women. This is part of the complications that comes with having a baby. Approximately 90% of your hair is growing at any one time, while the other 10% enter a resting phase. Every two to three months the resting hair falls out and allows new hair to grow in its place. This is not something to be worried about as it is absolutely normal.

Telogen effluvium is a condition whereby there is an excessive shedding of hair that occurs one to five months following pregnancy. This type of hair loss is normal has early pregnancy signs. This is however not uncommon, as it affects somewhere between 40 to 50% of women; but like most changes during pregnancy, it is temporary as it does not last long.

Are There Hair Loss Early Pregnancy Signs?

Hair loss that is connected to pregnancy usually occurs mostly after delivery. During pregnancy, an increased number of hairs go into the resting phase, which is part of the normal hair loss cycle that is commonly experienced.

This condition is not serious though as it does not cause bald spots or permanent hair loss, and it should begin to diminish within 3-4 months after delivery. If you feel that you are experiencing unusual hair loss while you are pregnant, this may be due to a vitamin or mineral deficiency.

Reasons Why People Talk About Hair Loss Early Pregnancy Signs

The most common period of hair loss occurs approximately three months after delivery. The rise in hormones during pregnancy keeps you from losing your hair. After delivery, the hormones return to normal levels, which allows the hair to fall out by themselves and return to the normal cycle. The normal hair loss that was delayed during pregnancy may fall out all at once or gradually.

Up to 60% of your hair that is in the growth state may enter into the telogen resting state. The hair loss usually peaks 3-4 months after delivery as your hair follicles rejuvenate themselves gradually.  As noted above, this hair loss is temporary, and hair loss returns to normal within six to twelve months. So there is actually nothing to be scared of.

Hair loss early pregnancy signs : Are there any connections between pregnancy and hair loss

During pregnancy there is an increase in the level of estrogen hormones.  Estrogen causes hair to remain in the growing phase and stimulates the growth of your hair. While you are pregnant, you should expect a full, luxurious head of hair.

Hair loss early pregnancy signs : Connection between hair loss and health issues

Hair loss can be triggered by anything that involves a change in the estrogen hormone balance in your system. So it’s not only during pregnancy periods that hair loss can be experienced.

Recommendations for Your Hair During Pregnancy and After Delivery:

There are a number of things that you can do to have healthier hair and/or reduce hair loss during pregnancy and after delivery:

  • Consult with your health care provider to ensure a proper balance of hormones
  • Avoid pigtails, cornrows, hair weaves, braids and tight hair rollers which can pull and stress your hair
  • Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables, which contain flavonoids and antioxidants that may provide protection for the hair follicles and encourage hair growth
  • Use shampoos and conditioners that contain biotin and silica
  • Hair is fragile when it is wet, so be gentle; avoid fine tooth combs
  • If you need to use blow dryers and other heated hair instruments, use the cool setting
  • Supplement your diet with the following nutrients:
    • Vitamin B complex
    • Biotin (Possibly safe; orally and appropriately)
    • Vitamin C
    • Vitamin E (Likely safe if amount does not exceed the RDA; possibly safe if it does)
    • Zinc (Likely safe when used orally and appropriately; likely unsafe when used orally in high doses)

Hair loss early pregnancy signs : Should you take drugs to reduce the hair loss?

There is actually no need to take any type of drugs or medications. These are normal occurrence that happens with pregnancy and they auto-correct themselves.

Conclusion on hair loss early pregnancy signs

I believe this extensive explanation about hair loss early pregnancy signs has cleared all the questions that you might  have. Feel free to use the comment section and let me know your thoughts.

This Post Has One Comment

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge
Close Menu
Hello, how can we help you?
Powered by